Ductile Iron Fittings
WE OFFER A COMPREHENSIVE
RANGE OF FITTINGS
Electrosteel UK offers fittings in diameters DN 80 to DN 1000 mm with a number of jointing options,
coatings and linings to meet the differing requirements of the customer.
To ensure their performance in most environments Electrosteel fittings are internally and externally fusion
bonded epoxy coated to a minimum thickness of 250µm in either WRAS approved Blue (Potable water) or
Red (Sewerage) in accordance with EN 545 / EN 598 and EN 14901.
In addition in special circumstances alternative coatings may also available on request.
OUR FITTINGS RANGE INCLUDES
BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO -
Flange & Socketed Tapers
Flange & Socketed Tees
Angle & Radial Tees
Flanged sockets & Flanged Spigots
Flange on Socket Tees
THREE PRINCIPLE JOINT TYPES
- Self Restraining / Anchored
External Protection Options
- Fusion bonded epoxy coating
- Polyurethane coating
- Zinc rich paint with a liquid epoxy finishing layer
FUSION BONDED EPOXY COATING
Fusion bonded epoxy coating is our standard coating and is applied in a state-of-the-art automated facility to coat DI fittings with powdered epoxy in a fusion bonding process. This coating is suitable for all soil conditions and is applied both internally and externally to the fitting.
- Excellent adhesion and a high gloss.
- All shapes can be coated evenly.
- Superior corrosion resistance.
- There is a choice of the colour blue or red depending on whether it will be used for water or sewage.
- Film thickness of a minimum 250 microns as per EN 14901.
- A higher film thickness (above 250 micron) can also be applied if required by the customer.
INTERNAL PROTECTION OPTIONS
FUSION BONDED EPOXY
Normally fusion bonded epoxy is applied both on the outer and inner surface of the fittings.
CEMENT MORTAR LINING
By agreement between manufacturer and purchaser, any one of the following linings may be applied depending on the type of liquid transported:
- Blast furnace slag cement mortar
- Sulphate resistant cement mortar
- High alumina cement mortar. Fittings with bituminous or epoxy seal coat over cement mortar are also available if required by customer.
Ceramic epoxy lining offers excellent resistance to abrasion, mechanical damage and chemical attack. In pipelines conveying slurries or septic sewage this coating can provide a robust effective protection enhancing the longevity of performance. All materials that come in to contact with potable water are certified by the appropriate approval agencies including WRAS, DWI, DVGW etc.
For further information or to place an enquiry please get in touch with our Sales team now: